Seventy-Seven Thirty-Four

My photo
Booster-driven ramblings, intercepted transmissions and coded relays hacked from the cumulative log transcripts of a lone reconnaissance pilot.

30.11.08

The price of survival.

100,000,000 ISK.

Stepping back into the capsule interface bridge I casually flicked on the DED overlay and readjusted myself to a more comfortable position. It was not without a certain disbelief that I noticed a new line displayed on my identification console:

Bounty - 100,000,000 ISK

After looking it over three times, and tapping the side of the console to derezz it (in case there was simply some display error) it slowly dawned on me that this was in fact a rather large number. No hidden decimals, no graphical errors.

It was not but a few minutes before I am assaulted by flashing tabs and convo requests... It seems that word gets around. Within the next hour or so I had nearly every corp and alliance member requesting to split my pod for a 50% cut of the bounty. "With friends like this, who needs enemies," I mused... "Nah, mate," was my typical response, "I am keeping it as a matter of professional pride."

This was over two months ago, and I still have the skull. Due to the anonymity of the bounty-placement process, I have no way of knowing who placed it there, nor has anything been added to it since. There have been a few speculations, mostly revolving around a hi-sec hijack that we undertook in Amarrian space a while earlier which resulted in a loss to the victim of nearly one billion ISK... It may have even been an extremely expensive practical joke played by one of my associates in order to test my mettle. Either way my position remains the same; folding is not an option and I have a skull that is worth more than I have ever had in my wallet. My only course of action at this point is to explore the new opportunities this affords me to practice advanced evasive maneuvering.

So far this has been highly effective, and it is primarily based on this enhanced perspective that many future entries of this blog will be flavored.

Cheers, and welcome to [7734]


3 comments:

  1. I have a lot of respect towards you for keeping the bounty on your head. I have a buddy I placed a 69m bounty on as a joke, and his response was that he'd pod himself with an alt at the earliest opportunity. Fortunately, RA relieved him of the bounty before he could carry out the act.

    It's been a long time since my last podding. Seeing how frequent I visit nullsec, I'll be down a head of implants and a bounty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!

    Welcome to the EVE blogging community!

    I added your blog to my EVE Player Blogroll. You'll also be featured in both tomorrow's
    EVE Speedlinking post as well as the next Micro Warp Cast podcast.

    I'd appreciate if you made a post about it and/or added those links to your blogroll!

    Cheers

    CrazyKinux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thou has been endorsed, CrazyKinux... and thank you for the entries. Sorry it wasn't done earlier but it took me this long to get used to reading back-commentary on my postings.

    Thanks again and cheers!

    07

    ReplyDelete