Today I logged in to find myself in an entirely different place than I had expected to be... A different region, a different station, and without my familiar ship.
Sometime between the last downtime and this point, I seem to have lost my head.
My head, and quite apparently the rest of my body as well... It seems that I had been podded somehow. Hmm... I don't remember getting into any engagements. I remember... I remember logging off for downtime, then logging back on. I remember moving into a position near Bosena and then... then I remember nothing.
I do not recall anything at all between that time and now. A complete lapse of memory.
I remember my client not responding, and then getting a disconnection. This much I know because I have just logged in now to find myself in this condition. It all seems unreal to me. Wait... am I really just logging in? *makes a step-by-step recollection of the last few minutes* Yes, I just logged in. There is a new message in my mailbox reminding me to upgrade my clone, and another for the pittance that Secure Trade Commission is offering me for the recent loss of my cruiser. Everything is adding up now. Indeed all things do seem to be pointing to my having been shot down... but for what's left of the life of me I cannot recall getting into any engagements.
I think I will have a cigarette now.
Much against my survival instinct I open up my character profile and hesitatingly click on the combat record. Perhaps this will reveal a clue as to what may have happened during the time that I was out of game and now... but somehow (and not entirely to my surprise) when I select the "recent losses" tab, the interface seems to have some bug that is showing the whole section blank. I wait... and wait... and wait. Nothing comes up. I know this bug, as it has happened occasionally in the past. All it would take is to refresh my pilot info window, but I think I will just revel in the poetic justice of it all for a while longer and refrain from pursuing this mystery. Updating my clone, I log off; but not before double checking my EvEmail inbox to make sure that I had no unread messages.
Nope. Nothing unread. A "thank you" message from whomever just pulled the 100 million ISK off of my head would have been nice, but I suppose I shouldn't expect it.
I hope that I put up a good fight at least.
*shrug* I will now pause for a moment of silence. Technically as I didn't place the bounty there myself (as some have actually accused me of), I cannot feel any real loss at its absence... I cannot help but feel a bit hollow for this turn of events though, and must now muster up a renewed sense of dignity to fill this abstract void in my consciousness.
Seventy-Seven Thirty-Four
- Ulfskein Gangr
- Booster-driven ramblings, intercepted transmissions and coded relays hacked from the cumulative log transcripts of a lone reconnaissance pilot.
No comments:
Post a Comment